Industrial Sales Coordinator
The industrial sales coordinator will manage a designated customer base and be responsible to gain new customers for specialty services and to grow and maintain relationships with those accounts. Responsibilities also include sourcing new customers and grow and maintaining relationships with existing accounts. Internal and external collaboration, and facilitating cooperation amongst stakeholders will be a key to success. Customers may include pharmaceutical manufacturers, industrial R&D, academic researchers, and authorized distributors. The role is primarily an office-based position, but the ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced and independent environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Includes but not limited to the following:
- Interacting with customers, providing information in answer to inquiries about products, orders, accounts, and others via phone and email or other communication tools.
- Receiving and processing orders, providing information concerning changes, pricing and commit dates.
- Investigating and resolving any issue related to orders, billings, and shipping with internal departments and customers.
- Coordinating customers’ service requirements with other appropriate departments as necessary to ensure effective customer service.
- Communicating reports, cases, solutions, successes, and opportunities to the reporting manager.
- Perform other related duties as required, including: organize and document office operations and procedures; ensure these procedures are being followed by staff; manage operations to plan and acquire staff and equipment to support current and future business requirements.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a science-related field such as pharmacology, chemistry, or biology.
- Knowledge and experience working with fine chemicals and other research reagents is a plus.
- Ability to communicate using a combination of commercial, financial, business and scientific terms, in a persuasive, organized, collaborative, appealing, and professional fashion.
- Competent in the utilization of personal computers and peripheral equipment (i.e., printers, monitors). Experience with word processing, presentation, teleconference and spreadsheet software. Ability to learn new software programs, as needed.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp. Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and 2+ years of active driving experience required.
- Fluent English speaking and writing. Fluent Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship. Recent foreign graduates with F1 OPT status are welcome to apply.
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Pasadena, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message via our website.